The summon yesterday in Sunday mass was about kindness. The preacher emphasis how a simple act of kindness can go a long way to making someone feel better. And also make the world a better place.
His words, I mean the preacher words resonate with me. It made me think dip, and also look dip on Kindness. I discovered that kindness is the most cheapest thing someone can offer, either to someone or to the world. Because its act doesn’t cost a thing. It’s the understanding we have about it that is limiting us from offering this cheap but important gift to the world.
We all have a face to smile, a vocal organ, mind and brain to produce pleasant words, muscles to produce a heart felt act. Many of us are comfortable enough to buy someone a lunch, pay for someone fare or help out in any way possible. An act must not really be big to make up a kindness.
You don’t really need to go with already defined act of kindness. You can create your own act. Something you wish to do in your own way for people, to make them feel good.
I dig dip on quotes to get more meaning on the act of kindness, these are my favourite among the best of quotes on Kindness.
1) No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. ~ Aesop
2) Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
3) No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.
~ Amelia Earhart
4) Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia
5) No one is born hating another person…People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. ~ Nelson Mandela
6) The very nature of kindness is to spread. If you are kind to others, today they will be kind to you, and tomorrow to somebody else.
~ Sri Chinmoy
7) Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. ~ Mark Twain
8). Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness. ~ Seneca
9) As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being, ~ Carl Jung
10) In our heart of heart there lies a part of us that can only live through kindness. ~ Onyewuchi Emmanuel